Chemical-Biological Weapons & Warfare
Chemistry & Chemical Engineering
Directed Energy Weapons
Domestic Preparedness & Terrorism
General NBC Defense Information
Links to Other NBC Hotlinks
Miscellaneous Resource Links
NBC Defense Equipment
Nonproliferation & Disarmanent
Nuclear Weapons & Warfare
Radiation and Health Physics
Smoke & Obscurants
GENERAL NBC DEFENSE INFORMATION
- American School of Defense (ASOD) The primary purpose of ASOD is to assist people in acquiring protective masks, suits, detection/decontamination kits, and other protective equipment. ASOD also provides consultation, training, and videotapes.
- Art Nuko World Tour Some interesting nuclear artwork?
- Chemical and Biological Defense Information Analysis Center The CBIAC is a full service Department of Defense (DoD) Information Analysis Center (IAC) under contract to the Office of the Secretary of Defense and administratively managed by the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC). CBIAC serves as the focal point for Chemical Warfare/Chemical and Biological Defense (CW/CBD) technology. CBIAC collects, reviews, analyzes, synthesizes, appraises and summarizes information pertaining to CW/CBD.
- CSEPP Training Courses Download Page This page contains downloadable Microsoft Powerpoint (.ppt) slides from five CSEPP training courses: CSEPP Chemical Awareness, ACT FAST, Auto-Injector, Decontamination, and Personal Protective Equipment. "Techniques for CSEPP Instructors and Instructors Guide for Techniques for CSEPP Instructors" is also available in .pdf format.
- DTRALink The Official Web Site of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. DTRA safeguards America and its friends from weapons of mass destruction (chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high explosives) by reducing the present threat and preparing for the future threat.
- DoD NBC Defense Annual Report to Congress (March 1999) (pdf format)
- Dulce et Decorum Est A poignant poem by Wilfred Owen (1893-1918) "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori." translates to "It is sweet and glorious to die for one's country." Legionnaire Handzumgrus, Horace, Odes.
- Hickory's Homepage This website is a resource for NBC NCOs and contains ready-made classes, NBC room/unit NBC items, leaders books, inspection checklists, etc.
- Inching Away From Armageddon: Destroying the U.S. Chemical Weapons Stockpile (pdf file) More than a decade ago, the United States committed to destroying its stockpile of aging chemical weapons.?Milestones for measuring progress under the Chemical Weapons Convention called for all possessor states to destroy 45% of their stockpiles ?without endangering humans or the environment ?by 2004.?However, delays born of technical obstacles, community concerns, and program management issues mean that the U.S. will not meet that goal.?This new Stimson Center report, Inching Away from Armageddon: Destroying the US Chemical Weapons Stockpile, offers a brief history and explanation of the technical processes, and a snapshot of current progress of the U.S. chemical demilitarization program.
- M40 WinAmp Skin All hardcore NBC-types can download the Linkin Park?kin for their WinAmp player. It looks like an M40 gasmask with dual filters.
- Millennium Ark Biological-Chemical Information Page This page contains CB-related information?protection, terrorism, plans, etc.
- NBC Defense Net A Nor Environmental site. Make sure that you register to receive access to the secure portions of the site! The secure portions of the site are AWESOME!!!
- Special Weapons Primer An introduction to special weapons from the Federation of American Scientists. Topics include nuclear, biological, chemical, ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and aircraft.
- Weapons of Mass Destruction GlobalSecurity.org's site on WMD. Check out the great satellite imagery of US Army special weapons facilities! I think you will be amazed...
- World Wide Chemical Conference (WWCC) XIX This site contains six pdf files from the WWCC XIX including " State of the Chemical Corps by BG Pat Nilo, U.S. Army Chemical Corps, Transforming Chemical and Biological Defense Acquisition by COL(P) Stephen V. Reeves, PEO, Chem/Bio Defense, and The Changing Face of the Department of Defense's Chemical Biological Defense Program by Anna Johnson-Winegar, Chem/Bio Defense.
- Worldwide Chemical Conference and Exhibition XX Presentations from the Worldwide Chemical Conference, 22-24 Oct 2003.?
Return to Index
Portuguese classic, is that it is replica watches very coordinated and sophisticated dial design, a narrow bezel, the replica watches sale disk more atmosphere. Arabic numerals and tilt the replica watches uk inner bezel to enhance the three-dimensional dial sense, canceled the 12-hour timer function, leaving only the 30-minute timer and small seconds to make the replica rolex disk looks more symmetrical harmony.
Space limitations preclude posting all of my NBC graphic files and video clips (over 3000 files and 440 MBs). Send a note to the webmaster if you need something in particular. You can also obtain a copy of the entire collection on CD for $1 (to cover cost of blank CD-R and postage).
The graphics below range from 2kb-1.0+ MB each. Most can be easily resized for use in a PowerPoint presentation.
Make sure that you enlarge the thumbnail before saving it! To obtain a graphic, click on the graphic to enlarge it. Then place your mouse cursor over the graphic you desire and "right click." Use the "save as" command to save the graphic to your hard drive or floppy.
- Biological Integrated Detection System (BIDS) Graphics
- Decontamination Systems Graphics
- Medical Graphics
- Miscellaneous NBC Graphics
- Cheese Variety of retorts, dragons, wizards, etc. Nice selection of watermarks for PowerPoint presentations. "We cheese to please!"
- Training Smoke and decon operations graphics.
- UNSCOM at Work in Iraq The site shows photographs of the UNSCOM inspection teams at work in Iraq during 1991 and 1992.
- NBC Defense Equipment NBC Graphics
- Decontamination Equipment M291, M295, M11, M13, M258, DS2, etc.
- Detection Equipment M256A1, M8A1, M8 & M9 paper, M272, etc.
- Collective Protection Equipment CBPS Shelter.
- Individual Protection Equipment Masks, boots, STEPO.
- Le Masque a Gaz The most comprehensive site on the web on protective masks!! Site includes graphics and technical information on virtually all current/obsolete/military/civilian masks.
- Mission Oriented Protective Posture (MOPP) Many graphics of soldiers in MOPP.
- RADIAC Equipment AN/PDR-75, AN/PDR-77, AN/UDR-13, AN/VDR-2.
- Nuclear Graphics
- Atomic Central Great Site!! Lots of historical information, enhanced videos, etc.
- Nuclear Mushroom Clouds Graphics The most COMPREHENSIVE collection of nuclear mushrooms clouds....
- Nuclear Photos and Films A DOE site where you can view/download files (or purchase VHS tapes) of historical nuclear tests/explosions.
- Nuclear Mushroom Clouds Graphics
- Nuclear Blast Tests Photos A collection of nuclear tests that were conducted by Los Alamos Labs. They have been digital enhanced from the original imagery. (Atomic Archive)
- Nuclear-related Videos Animations of various nuclear processes and interactive models of the first atomic bombs. Animations include nuclear reaction, fission/fusion process, little boy/fat man models, & nuclear winter. (Atomic Archive)
- Reconnaissance Systems Graphics
- Smoke Systems Graphics
- Chinese Propaganda Poster Pages Stefan Landsberger's site. To prepare the people and the army for the eventuality of warfare, a number of educational series were produced in the early 1970s. The "Posters showing measures against atomic, chemical and bacteriological warfare"-series, published in 1971 by the General Department of the Chinese People's Liberation Army, is an example. It is presented here in full, including a so-called head and tail, and the stirring preamble written by Mao Zedong as it was required in those days. A number of posters are moreover accompanied by relevant Mao-quotes (in red).
- Posters: Coping with an Attack, A Quick Guide to Dealing with Biological,
Chemical and 'Dirty Bomb' Attacks The Center for Technology and National Security Policy (CTNSP).?National Defense University.
- Video Sources
- World Power Systems offers three good collections of nuclear and civil defense videos for sale. Many of the films in these collections are unique.
- Historical Nuclear Weapons Test Films Huge collection of downloadable clips.
- Atomic-related Quicktime Movies Great site! This site contains three galleries of atomic- related video footage: atomic detonations, weapons effects, and missile failures.
- NATO's Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Defense Initiatives These videos are a fictional dramatization illustrating the dangers and difficulties that NATO forces would face if attacked by nuclear, biological or chemical weapons. It was used as part of an exhibition on NATO's Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Defense Initiatives, which was shown to Alliance leaders and the media during the Prague Summit, 21-22 November 2002.
- The History of Bioterrorism (Video Series) ?DC. Available free for downloading or you may purchase the video on-line.
This project is supported under a cooperative agreement from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) through the Association of Schools of Public Health (ASPH).
The objective of this course is to provide the public health workforce and community partners (EMS, police, fire, emergency room personnel, etc.) with key fundamental concepts related to public health emergency preparedness. The course includes objectives, quizzes, final exam, and links for additional educational resources.?The six lessons include:
Please forward any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Introduction to Terrorism
- Epidemiology, Surveillance, Detection, and Identification
- Biological Agents as Weapons
- Chemical and Industrial Agents as Weapons
- Radiological Weapons
- Community Planning and Public Health Preparedness
Return to Index
Return to Index
- The 1st Division at Ansauville, January - April 1918. by Rexmond C. Cochrane. Gas Warfare in World War I, Study Number 9, US Army Chemical Corps Historical Studies.
- 14th Chemical Maintenance Company This website is dedicated to the men of the 14th Chemical Maintenance Company.?They served with merit in the European Theatre of Operations (ETO) supporting the 1st US Army in its successful fight to help defeat the armed forces of Nazi Germany.
- 2nd Chemical Mortar Battalion Korean War Project.
- A-Bomb WWW Museum This site provides all readers with accurate information concerning the impact the first atomic bomb had on Hiroshima and provides the context for a constructive discussion of what the world can learn from this event and why such weapons of total destruction should never again be used.
Atomic Archive This site explores the complex history surrounding the invention of the atomic bomb - a crucial turning point for all mankind. AJ Software & Multimedia presents this site as an online companion to its CD-ROM, Atomic Archive. Follow a timeline that takes you down the path of our nuclear past, from the 1920s to the present. Read biographies of A-bomb father Robert Oppenheimer and other key scientists of the nuclear age. See the Trinity Test through Enrico Fermi's eye as you read his first hand account of that history making event. Examine maps of the damage to Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and summaries of arms-control treaties. You'll also find a gallery of exclusive photographs and animations of nuclear physics.
Biological Warfare and Its Cutaneous Manifestations An awesome primer!! Great graphics! This article attempts to eliminate some of the mystery of BW by discussing the history and background of biological weapons and by reviewing agents that cause cutaneous disease.
- Gassed Painting by John Singer Sargent -- American painter, 1918, Imperial War Museum, Oil on canvas. "While at the casualty station he witnessed an orderly leading a group of soldiers that had been blinded by mustard gas. He used this as a subject for a naturalist allegorical frieze depicting a line of young men with their eyes bandaged. Gassed soon became one of the most memorably haunting images of the war." (Spartacus Internet Encyclopedia)?
- Gas Warfare in World War I From Trenches on the Web: An Internet History of The Great War. A brief historical overview of chemical warfare in WWI.
- Germ Warfare Incidents A brief synopsis of the history of US germ warfare incidents.
- Germany's Use of Chemical Warfare in World War I This site focuses primarily on the German offensive use of chemical agents (gas) and discusses the defensive measures of the Allies.?
- History of Biological Warfare This site provides a historical perspective of biological warfare.
- Mustard Gas Use in WWI Short and descriptive accounts of mustard gas use in WWI.
- Special Gas Companies of the (British) Royal Engineers, 1914-1918. Short history of gas warfare in WWI and the evolution of the special gas companies of the Royal Engineers.
- Special Companies of the Royal Engineers and gas warfare in 1914-1918 The Great War was the first in which chemical weapons were deployed. There was great moral shock and outrage at the first use of Chlorine, released by the Germans against defenseless French troops in the Ypres Salient. The Special Companies of the Royal Engineers were formed to develop the British response. By 1918, gas was used both offensively and defensively, delivered by a range of sophisticated techniques.
- Unit 731: A Preliminary Review of Studies of Japanese Biological Warfare and Unit 731 in the United States Written by Tien-wei Wu.
- WWII Poster Collection The Government Publications Department at Northwestern University Library has a comprehensive collection of over 300 posters issued by U.S. Federal agencies from the onset of war through 1945.
Return to Index
LINKS TO OTHER NBC HOTLINKS
- Bibliography of NBC Resources Compiled by Linda K. Colding, Bibliographer. Air University Library, Maxwell AFB, AL (January 1998).
- Chemical and Biological Warfare Great links...
- Chemical & Biological Weapons Resource Page The Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS, MIIS)
- Chemical, Biological, and Nuclear Terrorism/Warfare: A Bibliography Dudley Knox Library, Naval Postgraduate School.
- Depleted Uranium Information Library This site provides access to medical and environmental studies, scientific and technical data, and training and safety materials; as well as news releases, speeches, briefings, and public testimony related to DU use. It is a gateway to primary source materials relating to the military use of depleted uranium and its possible health effects. (Deployment Health Support Directorate, DoD)
- NBC Defense Links (Paul Steward) Many good links....
- Nuclear Control Institute's Hot Links Comprehensive site!
Return to Index
Copyright (c) 2001-2011 Placke & Associates.
For more information contact the webmaster.