NBC Links Homepage
Added 25 March 2007
Courtesy of Jody
- Any fool can be uncomfortable.
- Leadership is more than just a position you hold.
- Respect goes both ways.
- Rank has no bearing on a person's abilities, nor is it a reasonable indication of their competence.
- Regardless of what we look like on the outside: we all bleed the same colour -- our guts look the same, too.
- If you want to find the easiest way to do something, find the laziest person to do it.
- You can delegate authority, but you can't delegate responsibility.
- Bad driving is better than good walking.
- Pain is your friend -- it lets you know you're still alive.
- Never stand when you can sit.
- Never sit when you can lie down.
- Never volunteer for anything -- chances are you'll get picked anyway.
- Teamwork is essential -- it gets the job done and it gives the enemy somebody else to shoot at.
- Social interaction is a lot easier when everyone is wearing a name tag.
- You can take a man out of the Army but you can't take the Army out of a man.
- Not paying attention can get you killed.
One thing that I learned while in the Big Green Weenie (per the senior drill sergeant):
"For you men looking for sympathy, you will find it here and only here (holding up a dictionary) - between shit and syphilis - and no where else!!"
E-mail me if you have any any more items!
Copyright (c) 2001-2011 Placke & Associates.